Located at the intersection of Wood Hawk Way and Albuquerque Avenue, Roy Memorial Park is the main recreational complex in town. The multi-purpose park, comprising approximately of 15 acres, includes
- A large professionally maintained field that can be used as either a regulation-size soccer field or 3 softball fields
- Talent Hall, and indoor recreation center used for basketball, pickleball, training for other sports, community social/entertainment events such as Adult Comedy Nights, Family Movie Nights, and the Christmas in Litchfield celebration.
- Darrah Pond, a small pond with a sandy beach for boating, fishing, ice hockey.
- Playground constructed in 2001
- Open air pavilion with picnic tables for individual and group use
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Picnic areas and wooded natural space provide for passive recreation.
- “Outward Bound” style low and high ropes challenge courses available for group use only with qualified supervision.
The Recreation Commission is always looking for ways to serve all of the town’s citizens; contact the recreation commission at email@example.com. with your ideas or suggestions.